Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Noah's Park

Last week, I was taking care of my 3 year old niece when we decided that Tucker needed a walk. So, out we went into the heat and roasting sun. A few steps into our walk, Izzy started asking to go to "Noah's Park". At first I was unsure if I had heard her correctly, and to be quite frank I was surprised she knew we were not far from the cemetery. My heart was warmed when I realized she frequently goes to the park next to where Noah is buried and has named it "Noah's Park".

Our hot and humid walk was a little longer than a 3 year old can handle, so it led to me carrying her. Not smart, but how can you say no to a sweet little thing asking you to go to the park? Our travels continued and once we arrived, it was like routine for her to help water Noah's flowers and then go over to play on the swing set. It means so much that my nieces and nephews are familiar with Noah and all know that he is in heaven. We feel so blessed to be so loved and cared for by those around us.

On a funny side note, I was also very excited she knew the direction to Noah's Park. No offense to her directionally challenged father, but he still gets lost at the cottage after 12+ years of going up there. I'm comforted to know she doesn't have his sense of direction.

2 comments:

  1. that is heart warming katie--i can't help but smile to know that she knows noah. my boys often talk about my brother and ask to go see "him" which is wonderful to me. it is up to us to make sure that future generations know those that we have lost. much love to you katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet...I think of you often especially this time of year. Know that you remain close in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete