Sunday, October 18, 2009

Getting Away

With our due date approaching, Dan and I know we need to get away for a little while. The anticipation of events seems to cause more stress than the actual events. Knowing this, Dan and I decided to plan a trip...something to look forward to. So, instead of focusing on what should be...we are packing our bags for a little sun and heading to Mexico.

We look forward to being anywhere but home on November 4th. We are both very blessed to have jobs that are flexible to our needs. Personally, being at school wouldn't be good for me. I know that my heart and mind won't be there. Each day, I gladly give so much of myself to help my students out. However, I know I need to take care of me during this week. Spending time away with Dan is just what is needed.

As we continue to ask why, we continue to gain strength each day. Our emotions are always just under the surface and it doesn't take much for these emotions to reveal themselves. Our faith stays strong as our broken hearts heal. As we are learning from others that we meet who have had similar experiences, this journey of healing will continue for a lifetime.

7 comments:

  1. Getting away for a week sounds like a great idea. Enjoy your time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree--a getaway is what is needed :) How blessed you both are so you can get away! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you guys have a great time. We still think of you often and pray for you daily. Scott and Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. We miss you!!!

    So glad you could see some sun. As you know I had a lot of time to sit and think while you were gone. I was thinking how there were so many days of clouds here and you are seeing some sun. I kept thinking along those lines about rainbows following storms, peace following turmoil, smiles following cries and happiness following sadness. Whatever happens in God's plan, things change. He does not keep us in the storms and sadness.

    Then I was thinking of how our Noah will never have to experience the cloudy days, the storms, the turmoil, the crying and the sadness. I am happy for him. He only gets the good stuff. We miss meeting him, but he is so so happy. It is what I hold on to.

    So in God's plan, He is already changing our sad times and more happy times will come. We will be so glad to see you guys again and hope you are well rested and not too tan.

    Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you both today, praying for you always...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you today...holding you close in prayer. Hope you enjoyed your week away...the sunshine is always a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete