Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Thanks for the Prayers!

Today was the 1st day of school. It came with some anticipation and nervous jitters, but it went better than I envisioned. I felt everyones prayers giving me strength and courage, so thanks.

My first encounter was with a student I had last year, who is now a big high schooler. She so sweetly walked into my classroom saying hello and sharing her fears and excitement about being in high school. Then, she so sweetly made the effort to say to me, "I'm sorry about what happened." Very simple and sweet. It meant so much.

My second encounter was with one of my 8th graders. Bless her compassionate little heart. She latched on to me like she was afraid I was never going to see her again. As I worked to peel her off so I could at least breath, she stated "My family is so sad for you. We are all just so sad, especially me." She gave me several hugs through out the day.

All in all, it was good to be back. I will continue to lean on the Lord in the days ahead, but I praise Him for carrying us this far. Thanks to all of you for the many prayers and encouraging words. Your thoughtfulness always brightens our day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad it went better than you thought! How sweet of both the students you mentioned. We're continuing to lift you both up in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete