Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Making the most of each moment...

Dan and I are striving to make the most of every moment we have with Noah.  Though are days are filled with pain, we also have times of celebration and precious moments that will last a lifetime.  We do things that people may think are odd, but it provides peace and comfort to us.  We know we want to be the best parents we can possibly be, so we are making each moment count.  Though what we do feels a little awkward at times, we know that when we look back we won't regret loving Noah like we did.  We have begun reading bedtime stories to Noah, we pray out loud, sing songs to him, and tell him constantly how much we love him.  Though it is strange and extremely painful at times...we do it as a way to show him we love him.  It is our way of being the best parents we can while he is with us.

9 comments:

  1. Katie I am praying for you and Dan and little Noah. As I read what you are going through I just want to give you a hug. I know there are no words that can take away the pain except knowing that we are praying for God to look over all of you. Take care. Laura Page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie and Dan thanks for opening your hearts and sharing with us all. We love you guys so much!! We're also praying for a miracle for little Noah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie and Dan,
    I am praying for you and Noah throughout the day every time I think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie and Dan,

    Praying for you both and for baby Noah.

    Rachael (and Family)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dan and Katie and Noah,
    Thinking and praying for you
    Ba and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dan, Katie and Noah,
    We pray for you every day. We pray for you at work. My friends and family ask about you all the time. You are definitely not alone. No one can imagine what you are going thru but we all pray for a miracle. I believe with all my heart that a miracle could happen here. Noah must be a pretty special boy for God to want him so soon. Anything we can do to help, just call. Anytime. We are here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dan, Katie and Noah
    You are all in my thoughts since i found out about this. I don't know the words, but I am sorry you have to go through this. it sounds like you are taking in the good and the bad news- Your faith is strong. my cousin in Feb 08 lost her baby boy @21 weeks. There are some similarities between your stories. She journaled her thoughts and feelings on her blog. If you are interesed in reading her blog or talking to her- I know she would just listen, she knows much of what you are going through. Her name is also Katie. If you want more information let me know and I can share her blog site and story
    My thoughts go out to both you and Dan
    Sheila Mahaney

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie,

    I just read through your blog, and wanted to tell you I am praying for you, Dan, and sweet Noah! Your faith and attitude are amazing. Noah is a blessed boy to have such wonderful parents! It's obvious how much you love him! Praying for a miracle and for peace.

    Wendi (Speese) Herrygers

    ReplyDelete
  9. thinking and praying for you all
    Sheila Mahaney

    ReplyDelete