Friday, August 7, 2009

Celebration of Life

Today was Noah's memorial service.  We know that God carried us through the day.  At times we were weak, but Dan and I could feel all your prayers getting us through.  After the memorial, we celebrated Noah's life with friends and family.  The day has worn us out and it is now time for us to rest.  This weekend we are heading up north to just get away.  We will treasure precious Noah in our hearts forever and are so thankful to have such a wonderful group of people supporting us through this journey.

4 comments:

  1. Katie, I am sure it was very helpful for all of you. I continue to lift you up in prayer daily, I have my church and both the chaplains I work with doing the same. I remain in awe of your incredible faith through this very difficult time. I was reading something the other day and thought it might be worth sharing.."I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future". I hope you are able to enjoy some down time this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Katie - don't know if you remember me, but I came across your blog and wanted to say how inspiring and faithful your blog is. I also wanted to point you to another blog that YOU might find helpful as it is written by another family who had a similar experience to yours....her husband is the lead singer for the Christian music group "Selah"...the blog is:
    audreycaroline.blogspot.com
    (you can click along the side to go to the "beginning of story"...

    Blessings to you!
    Melissa (Nienhuis) Boersma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad we were able to share part of the day with you. You will continue to be in our prayers. I pray for a restful weekend for both of you.

    Love, Don, Becky and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie-
    My heart is just broken for you. I can't imagine how much pain you must be going through. I so wish that I could have been at Noah's memorial to support you...one mom to another. I'll keep praying for you. Hopefully we can meet up soon.

    Marci

    ReplyDelete