Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Update

This past week has been very busy.  Dan’s sister got married on Friday, so it was a week full of family festivities.  Poker, golf, hanging out, and LOTS of eating…good times, but I feel the stress of summer coming to an end. 

School starts in less than 2 weeks.  Am I ready?  Nope, but I will be.  I always get anxious before school starts, worrying about how the classroom looks and spending countless hours on small silly details.  This year I’m not so anxious about all the little aesthetic details, but I am more worried about my emotional state.  Dan and I are much stronger than we were a couple of weeks ago, but I’m nervous about seeing everyone at school again.  It is just one more step towards facing the reality of all that has happened.  Once I get through the first few days, I’m sure I’ll be fine…it’s just the anticipation of those days that I dread.  The kids I will be working with this year are wonderful, but I’m not sure how to approach the situation with them.  I pray for God’s guidance and strength.

Dan and I had a doctor’s appointment today to find out the results from the tests sent to Mayo Clinic.  I wasn’t looking forward to the appointment and the memories that would come back while we were there.  Just being there causes such broken heartedness.  Unfortunately, the results aren’t back so we don’t know anything yet. 

Our faith remains strong as we continue to heal.  We have our good days and our not so good days.  Daily we pray for strength and peace as we approach each day.

2 comments:

  1. Did you get the card I left with Dr. Siegers?, I knew it was going to be hard day for you to come in,and I had a busy day too so I had asked him give it to you since I knew I had a busy morning .I hope your next few weeks actually less are filled with business help the thoughts. God Bless, breath in breath out, one step at a time still.....lsb

    ReplyDelete